Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition #
- Full Time
- Primary Shift
- Hours Per Week
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Purpose: The Budget Analyst assists with the development of the annual operating and capital budgets for the system. This position provides reports for the monthly operating reviews (MOR), including monthly statistical data, attends on-site monthly MOR meetings with department and senior leadership, and maintain the system’s financial modeling tool.
- Assists with end-user training of the budgeting system including, departmental budget development, budget analysis and reporting per established timelines.
- Provides backup support to the budget software system administrator.
- Responsible for the budget submission review process to ensure the reasonableness of submitted budgeted expense and FTE data. Maintains clear and organized documentation to support changes in budgeted values.
- Assists in the final budget analysis, development monthly budget spreads and communicates the final budget to management and senior leadership.
- Accumulates data and maintains the payroll, accounts payable, materials management, general ledger, patient accounting and Decision Support budget development systems. .
- Conducts and coordinates on-site monthly MOR meetings to review variances with department managers and senior leadership.
- Collaborates with senior management to develop and monitor financial planning models to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Maintains comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of various Decision Support applications to obtain, disseminate and analyze data required by senior management.
- Develops and builds monthly MOR entity packages for senior leadership review.
- Responsible for reviewing the monthly budget variance to reduce expenses and communicates these findings to the Director of Finance.
- Accumulates and maintains statistical volume data including days, discharges, ancillary procedures, visits, utilized in monthly reporting and budget development.
- Reviews and prepares monthly FTE, productivity, statistical volume and budget variance reports.
- Provide analytical support to hospital leadership for ad-hoc and strategic projects.
- Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years Healthcare Finance experience in budget, accounting or reimbursement.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Advanced MS Excel, Kaufman Hall Axiom Financial Planning & Analysis, Nuance PDF, Lawson, Crystal reporting, Health Catalyst and strong presentation skills.
- Highly analytical individual with ability to work independently and prioritize work load to achieve organizational goals.
- Effective communication skills.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- PREFER: Certified Healthcare Finance Professional (CHFP).
Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Potential environmental exposures include, but are not limited to:
- Chemicals/Commercial Products
- Experiencing challenging conditions where a professional attitude will be required
- Interacting with a Diverse population
- Noise Level – Varies from Quiet to Moderate
- Repetitive Motion
- Risk of Electrical Shock