Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tier One Technician
This scheduled shift is Friday - Sunday from 8 A.M. to 8 P.M.
- Is initial point of contact (phone/emails/webmail) for all customer inquiries
- Verifies all contacts against database to ensure that contact is authorized to open a trouble ticket
- Acknowledges all incoming email and web ticket inquiries within 15 minutes of receipt
- Provides superior customer service to all customers
- Effectively coordinates and communicates with other teams
- Adheres to customer-specific procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Monitors all alarm conditions; follows escalation policies and procedures and SEVERITY Level processes
- Creates and maintains written procedures
- Completes shift turnover at the onset and end of each shift
- Monitors all sites utilizing on-line tools and systems such as Solar winds and Logic Monitoring
- Responds to all Data Center alarms per policies and procedures
- 1-2 year of Data Center, and Server Room experience.
- 1-2 year of Server or Network device experience and knowledge.
- Ability to work holidays is mandatory
- Strong customer service skills, technical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to understand company Severity Levels and adhere to associated escalation process and procedures.
- Basic ability to identify and escalate technical issues pertaining to network and server communications.
- High level knowledge of monitoring tools and ticket management systems.
- General experience and knowledge of data center/ server room configurations preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred,
Physical and mental requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone and keyboard.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
Light to moderate lifting is required
Ability to uphold the stress of traveling (less than 10%)
Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
CyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
CyrusOne provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365 (Option 7) or by email at HR@cyrusone.com.
CyrusOne’s data center offerings provide the flexibility, reliability, and security that enterprise customers require and are delivered through a tailored, customer service-focused platform designed to foster long-term relationships. CyrusOne’s National IX platform provides robust connectivity options to drive revenue, reduce expenses, and improve service quality for enterprises, content, and telecommunications companies. CyrusOne is committed to full transparency in communication, management, and service delivery throughout its more than 30 data centers worldwide.
The company provides mission-critical data center facilities that protect and ensure the continued operation of IT infrastructure for hundreds of customers, including many of the Fortune 20 the Fortune 1000 lists of enterprise companies.