C.T. Male Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at C.T. Male Associates
- 15-Aug-2019 to 21-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
- Full Time
C.T. Male Associates ranks among the nation's top engineering and architectural design firms. Our goal is to create a unified and stimulating environment where your talents and motivation are rewarded. C.T. Male is not just a place to work; it is a place to be creative and successful while at work.
We are seeking a full-time Project Surveyor with capabilities to perform both field and office assignments. The position will work out of our Poughkeepsie, NY office.
The successful candidate will:
Manage survey projects and acts as lead professional to provide clients with quality products. Exercise leadership and motivation within the project team to ensure good performance by all members. Provide technical and professional consultation on projects involving survey issues.
Work in the field and office as necessary to complete project tasks, including:
- Interprets maps, design plans, architectural plans, and specifications.
- Knows and applies Boundary Law while performing boundary surveys.
- Directs and instructs Rod Person, Instrument Operator Intern and Instrument Operator engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, etc.
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, and other surveyors including deed research.
- Act as Client Manager/Project Manager for select clients and term agreements.
- Review potential market/clients to pursue with Survey Division Manager and Marketing Director.
- Negotiate contracts, prepare proposals and manage financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Develop Scope of work in accordance with the client's requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Surveying and / or a minimum of 10 years of experience with Project Management. Must have thorough knowledge of all types of land surveys. Must have complete knowledge of purpose and procedures for field and office work regarding surveys. PLS required, preferably from NYS. If PLS is held in another state, must have the ability to become licensed in NYS within one year. Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license. May be required to be certified to work on hazardous waste projects. May be required to undergo drug testing as required for specific projects or fingerprinting as required for security clearance purposes.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, C.T. Male Associates will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.