C&S Wholesale Grocers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at C&S Wholesale Grocers
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Position OverviewAs a Receiving Clerk, you will work with external truck drivers and keep records of incoming shipments.
- Greet incoming outside truck drivers and direct to proper unloading bay
- Enter purchase order receipts into computer system and print receiving tags for use by Receivers
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for delivery of materials
- Confer and correspond with customers, vendors and others to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel Required:No
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge :
- Special Skills : Proficient in eLearning or performance support technology and production. Expert working knowledge of technical and non-technical training media, including: Articulate, Articulate Storyline, and/or Captivate; Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus. Strong planning and execution skills; Able to work with and through others to achieve desired results; Strong team orientation and collaboration to work effectively in a team environment.; Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with people at all levels in the organization. Clearly communicate concepts, systems, procedures, etc., in selected learning environment (ILT, eLearning or performance support).
- Physical abilities: : Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally crawling and kneeling. Occasionally gripping, lifting and carrying up to 60 Lbs. Frequently balancing, stooping, handling, pivoting, fingering, feeling, and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc. Frequently sitting, standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. Continuously talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Other: : Key Compentencies
- (People) •Inspires Trust • Builds upon your Talent • Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) • Drives for Results • Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation • Facilitates Change
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : At least six months of warehouse experience; prefer candidates with experience in grocery selection. Pallet jack experience preferred.
QualificationsAttendance, General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies, Initiative, Productivity, Quality, Safety
Shift2nd Shift (United States of America)
CompanyC&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.