Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Support Specialist Full Time & Per Diem
at Children's Village
Position Overview: The Children’s Village Division of Behavioral Health Services provides a wide array of preventive services to children and families that are faced with the significant challenges of navigating the complex systems involved in their lives. Children and adolescents in the program are typically diagnosed with one or more behavioral/mental health diagnoses. The Community Support Specialist will be responsible for providing interventions that support the wellbeing and safety of children participating in the Division of Behavioral Health Services Program at The Children’s Village. Services will include Planned/Crisis Respite, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Caregiver/Family Support and Services. The Community Support Specialist will support children and caregivers in accessing community, school, and family resources that will foster growth and success. The Community Support Specialist I will work in collaboration with the Case Management and QI department to ensure that the needs of the youth/families are being met. Position requires evening and weekend commitments.
• H.S. Diploma plus three years of related experience working with at risk youth and families (experience can be waived in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field).
• Must be computer literate
• NYS Valid Driver’s license
• Access to a functional vehicle
• Travel (varies by caseload)
• Must have access to, and be proficient with computer systems
• Ability to navigate successfully (geography/communities)
• Evening and weekend availability
Community Support Specialist II Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, plus two years of related experience working with youth and families
Community Support Specialist III Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in related field, plus one year of related experience working with youth and families