Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substation Engineer Analyst
at Central Hudson
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
What is a Substation Engineer Analyst?
The Substation Engineer Analyst will work in the Operations Services Division. This division is responsible for the construction, maintenance, and operation of high voltage electric substations and the maintenance and operation of hydroelectric and gas turbine generating stations. This position will be responsible for maintaining the substation asset, testing diagnostic data, and compliance activities. Additionally, the Substation Analyst will have the back-up responsibilities for the division’s equipment testing program including, but not limited to, power factor testing of substation and generating station equipment and quarterly/as required thermal imaging.
What does a Substation Engineer Analyst do?
- Maintain the NERC compliance reporting system for PRC-005 and ensure the company meets all current and proposed compliance standards.
- Manage the Relay Setting Order (RSO) documentation to ensure completeness.
- Develop proficiency with CASCADE system and become the SME for substation class assets.
- Develop new and modify existing inspection forms to establish an equipment rating and system and ultimately establish an asset “health” for all major substation assets.
- Automate the addition of current and future diagnostics for various test equipment into Cascade for “health” assessment.
- Develop threshold values to trigger based on diagnostic results and manufacturer recommendations.
- Review and update existing procedures and develop new procedures to the Electricians Field Book as needed.
- Develop test plans and documented procedures for testing and maintenance of equipment.
- Continuously research and modify existing maintenance and work practices based on industry trends and benchmarking studies.
- Develop local work orders and estimates for small projects related to Electric Substations and Land & Buildings, providing the required field engineering and project management associated with these projects.
- Develop and upkeep Operations Services reports supporting the operations of the group, including - the ECM Report, maintenance backlog and forecasting, DGA and Power Factor review and prioritized documentation, the IBM Loop Maintenance Document, the Mobile Sub Yearly Plan.
- Trouble reporting system management, Unplanned/non routine Maintenance Order system management, equipment monitoring including Doble, DGA and other diagnostic testing system and develop recommended action plans.
What does it take to be a Substation Engineer Analyst?
Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study is required.Engineering Degree is preferred. High School/GED or equivalent degree and 5 years of work related experience will be considered.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Flexibility to multitask and operate under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while performing all tasks safely.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
Working knowledge of SQL is preferred.
Ability to learn new computer software quickly.
Excellent problem-solving skills, with innovation in mind.
Must be able to provide support at all hours for emergencies arising within the system.
A valid driver’s license
Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment. Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR