Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst
at Central Hudson
IT Business Analyst
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
What is an IT Business Analyst?
The IT Business Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business and the technical community while working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The IT Business Analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business community.
What does an IT Business Analyst do?
- Acts as requirements lead for software projects
- Works with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, and translate business and user requirements into functional specifications
- Analyzes, documents and tests program development, logic, process flows and specifications
- Assists in the preparation of testing strategies and testing execution plans
- Collaborates with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing
- Identifies issues/inefficiencies in processes and recommends solutions/improvements
- Participates in the development of user documentation and manuals, training materials, and/or job aids
- Coordinates project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
What does it take to be an IT Business Analyst?
- Bachelor's degree
- At least two years of experience in business analysis
- Knowledge of the various software development life cycles (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Expertise in business process mapping and workflow modeling
- Ability to understand business functionality and translate it into application/functional requirements
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or STEM field
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
- Familiarity with business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases)
- Familiarity with data gathering, data analysis and converting data into high value information for decision making
- Understanding of modeling techniques such as unified modeling language, etc.
- Experience and interest in Finance, Human Resources, and/or CIS systems optimization
Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment. Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR