Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Distribution System Engineer
at Central Hudson
Distribution System Engineer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
What is a Distribution System Engineer?
In order to establish centralized control of the electric distribution system, Central Hudson is developing a Distribution System Operations Department. The Department will be responsible for utilizing the combination of a Distribution Management System (DMS) and an Outage Management System (OMS) to control the entire electric distribution network. The Distribution System Engineer will provide the technical support necessary to implement and maintain the DMS within the new organization. The Distribution System Engineer will report to the Director – Distribution System Operations, and will work closely with the Director to develop and implement plans, procedures, and training guidelines as the DMS is implemented.
What does a Distribution System Engineer do?
- Aid in the creation of policies governing Distribution System Operations and how the company transitions to a DMS (including, but not limited to, operational authority development, O&M procedures, and MSP changes [if necessary])
- Lead the testing of the DMS and ensure it is functioning as desired; suggest improvements as necessary
- Lead the transition and change efforts throughout the company for the establishment of Distribution System Operations, including:
- Developing plans and procedures to improve and maintain the DMS, in conjunction with the DMS Project Leader
- Integration between DMS and OMS
- Verification of suggested advisory DMS actions in order to fine-tune the model for potential closed-loop implementation
- Assist with the development of a training & progression plan for new distribution system operators
- Keep informed of industry best practices regarding Distribution System Operations
What does it take to be a Distribution System Engineer?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering strongly preferred)
- Proficiency in electric distribution practices, policies, and design
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and lead multi-disciplinary teams of employees
- Aptitude with the use of Microsoft Office software
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Three years or more of distribution engineering experience
- Experience writing / executing distribution switching orders; field experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Distribution Management System software is a plus
Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment. Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR