Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant System Operator
at Central Hudson
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
What is an Assistant System Operator?
Assistant System Operators work an 8-hour rotating shift in our 24/7 “state-of-the art” System Operations Control Room coordinating the work of personnel engaged in the safe and reliable operation of the electric and gas transmission systems. Individuals must possess the ability and skills necessary to fully operate various software programs that the Company utilizes to monitor and control the electric and gas transmission systems, assess storm damage, assign and dispatch field personnel, as well as optimize crew and work schedules. Individuals must also possess the ability to multi-task, have strong communication skills necessary to effectively direct field personnel, and work in an interactive team environment.
What does an Assistant System Operator do?
- Under direct supervision of a Chief System Operator, prepare, review, and execute transmission switching and valve orders in accordance with company policies.
- Under direct supervision perform the functions of a real-time operating position including but not limited to monitoring the pre- and post- contingency voltage and power flow parameters of the electric transmission system and pressure and flow rate parameters of the gas transmission system.
- Under direct supervision adjust Transmission system resources to maintain these parameters within established limits and promptly acknowledge and respond to system alarms.
- Monitor access to the Control Centers in accordance with the Company’s NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation) CIP (Critical Infrastructure Protection) Cyber Security Policy.
- Perform callouts for additional resources when directed.
- Ensure the highest levels of safe work practices are observed by personnel including field personnel to strive for an accident and injury free workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned and successfully complete all required training.
- This is a shift position.
What does it take to be an Assistant System Operator?
- An Associate’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical Science, or other related technology related field.
- In lieu of an Associate’s degree, a High School/GED or equivalent diploma with (9) credit hours in Engineering, Mechanical Science, or other technology related field and (3) years of experience in the electric gas utility field or emergency response dispatch field will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license.
Applications will be accepted until 12/27/2019. Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment. Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR