Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prekindergarten Lead Teacher (PreK for All and 3K)
at Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
- 07-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Archdiocese of New York
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Pre-K Lead Teacher in Catholic Schools in the Bronx,Manhattan and Staten Island
Positions anticipated for September 2019
School Day/School Year
The Lead Teacher candidate must have one or more of the following New York State teaching certificates or be currently enrolled in an accredited program leading to certification:
- Early Childhood (Birth - Grade 2);
- Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 (N-6);
- Prekindergarten - Grade 6 (P-6); or
- Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2)
Candidates on a Study Plan may apply
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of the school community of the Catholic Schools UPK/Pre-K program, the Lead Teacher candidate will be expected to take on a range of responsibilities, including:
- Provide students with age-appropriate nurturing, safe, and healthy environment to help them develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally
- Provide classroom instruction based on program specific developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Implement positive behavior management support program aligned with school and NYC DOE guidelines.
- Work closely with school administration, Archdiocesan and NYC DOE coaches and support staff to provide high quality instruction.
- Provide services to all children and families with respect, confidentiality and dignity while exhibiting knowledge of and sensitivity to the educational and socio-economic needs of the children and families served in the program
- Assist and collaborate with the Teacher Assistant/Aide regarding program development, planning, implementation, etc. and delegate their responsibilities professionally and accordingly
- Maintain an open, frequent dialogue with the school principal and staff regarding all things pertaining to the Early Childhood classroom, students, parents, etc.
- Support and maintain positive partnerships within the school building (if applicable) through attendance at all necessary meetings and programs.
- Participate in Professional Development sessions as provided by the NYC DOE and the Archdiocesan Office of Early Childhood.
- Respond to parent concerns and requests with professionalism and as a partner in the education of each child.
Additional duties as required or assigned
WORK SCHEDULE & SALARY
As per Teacher Collective Bargaining Agreement
Send your cover letter and resume to the Office of Early Childhood Education: EarlyChildhood.Education@archny.org