Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-K Teacher Assistant/Aide
at Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
- 26-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Archdiocese of New York
- NY, USA
- $15.00 - $18.00 depending on qualifications and experience
Pre-K Teacher Assistant for the Bronx School Region:
2019-2020 School Year
This position serves as an assistant to the lead teacher in a UPK Classroom. The candidate will work collaboratively with the lead teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 15-20 children. The assistant works directly with the children to promote their learning and language skill development
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in supervising the implementation of activities that will promote social, emotional, cognitive,physical, and creative development of children.
- Assume responsibility for the operation of the classroom in the absence of the Lead Teacher, thus holding the teacher aide and substitute accountable to their duties and responsibilities.
- Share job related knowledge with team members in order to promote and support their professional growth.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff & team meetings, classroom development workshops on and off site, as well as trainings.
- Share information regarding children and the program with parents via daily contact and informal/formal interfacings, newsletters, etc.
- Assist Lead Teacher to utilize information obtained via observations, conferences, tracking, etc. to design developmentally appropriate and individualized lesson plans.
- Notify immediate supervisor in the event of an unplanned absence (illness, personal emergencies, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hourly position for the school year (10 months)
To Principal and/or UPK Director
1. Associates degree; BA or BS degree in Education or enrolled in a program plan in Early Childhood Education preferred.
2. Complete at least 15 hours of training every 24 months, including the mandatory two hours of training in child abuse maltreatment identification, NYS mandated reporter training and prevention and requirements of applicable statutes and regulations.
3. Experience working with young children in a school setting preferred.
4. Clear oral & written communication in English. Bilingual language skills is a plus.
5. Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues to provide high quality early childhood education to the children in their care.
Send your cover letter and resume to the Office of Early Childhood Education: EarlyChildhood.Education@archny.org