Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood Social Worker - Archdiocese of NY
at Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
- 04-Jun-2019 (EST)
- Archdiocese of New York
- NY, USA
- $55,000 + (Full time); prorated for part time
- Full Time
Regional Social Worker Pre-K For All/3K - Archdiocese of NY - August 2019 start date
The Office of Early Childhood of the Archdiocese of New York seeks qualified social workers to provide support with family engagement and classroom interventions to a cohort of schools with Universal Prek, Prek for All and/or 3K programs.
The ideal candidate is a social work professional with experience working with families and programs who provide educational services to three and four year old children. This individual will coordinate with school leaders, teachers and members of the Archdiocesan and Department of Education support teams.
As skilled professional who sets the standard in delivering social emotional support to the students we serve, you will provide guidance and training to teachers through regular planning, modeling, and feedback.
- Masters in Social Work or related counseling field from an accredited Masters Program
- Knowledge in special education
- Familiarity with a wide range of family engagement practices
- Strong problem solving and crisis management skills
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple task and responsibilities is critical
- Experience with running workshops related to social/emotional skill development in young children
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe children whom teachers or principals present as a concern, and design and document an initial intervention plan.
- Provide teaching staff with actionable suggestions for differentiation based on classroom observations
- Assist the teachers and the support staff through modeling to implement strategies that have been recommended by the team.
- Educate principals, teachers and aides on developmentally appropriate and social and emotional approaches to learning through both coaching and presentations.
- Participate as part of the team that works with families to facilitate requests for evaluations and provide follow-up support for the implementation of individualized student support plans.
- Collaborate with other ADNY Support Team members on additional shared cases.
- Facilitate meeting with principals and parents to discuss the best way to support a child within the classroom and home.
- Educate parents as to the resources available to them outside of the school.
- Provide outreach to families from the onset of the school year in order to proactively and positively engage in their child's Pre-K learning experiences.
- Discuss with parents the CPSE referral process, if this is recommended for their child, and assist with the CPSE process (ECSW is available to monitor the CPSE process from start to finish).
- Conduct parent workshops and training on various meaningful topics.
Interested candidates can send a cover letter and resume to Joanne Walsh at email@example.com.