Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood Instructional Specialist - Part time or Full Time options
at Catholic Schools in The Archdiocese of New York
- 07-Aug-2019 (EST)
- Archdiocese of New York
- NY, USA
- $60,000 - 65,000 (Full time); prorated for part time
- Full Time
The Office of Early Childhood at the Archdiocese of New York seeks to expand their team of Early Childhood Instructional Specialists who support the 3-K and Pre-K for All programs in our regional schools. Positions are available for the Fall of 2019.
Our Early Childhood Specialists collaborate with school building leaders, teachers, our team of Early Childhood Social Workers, and the NYC Department of Education's Division of Early Childhood, in order to provide the highest quality of early childhood programming to New York City's youngest learners.
The most important characteristic of our team is that we are passionate about helping and supporting our leaders and teachers to make a lasting impact on the children and families that we serve.
Early Childhood Instructional Specialists are self-starters, problem-solvers, and effective communicators who have a broad and deep knowledge of early childhood learning and development as well as a talent for building strong relationships with varied personalities.
To join our team, you should have:
- a vision for what high quality instruction in an early childhood classroom looks like, sounds like and feels like
- experience coaching and/or providing professional development to adults in an educational setting
- a keen awareness on current trends and innovations in Early Childhood
- familiarity with the NYC Department of Education Pre-K for All (PKFA) policies and procedures
- worked successfully in an inclusive and diverse work environment
- an understanding of Pre-K for All Common Core Standards
- a working knowledge of early childhood developmental screening tools and assessments
- experience with ECERS and CLASS
Our team members must have:
- a Masters in Early Childhood Education, and/or Early Childhood Special Education
- New York State Teaching Certification in Early Childhood (Birth-2)
- a minimum of five years of previous Early Childhood teaching experience
- the ability to travel to schools and offices within the Archdiocese region of the Bronx
- a referral from a current supervisor
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package included.
Position start date: August/September 2019
*Educational Leaders, if this position isn't the right fit for you, but you may know someone who is, please send them this link, and/or check out our other posting for Educational Director.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title "Early Childhood Instructional Specialist" in the Subject Line.