Atlantic Aviation Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Air Cargo Handler (SWF)
at Atlantic Aviation Services
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- USD $15.00/Hr.
***This is a part-time position***
The Cargo Handler is responsible for the effective performance of Cargo operations and assigned duties. This position will conduct air transport terminal cargo and ramp activities to provide fast and efficient services for clients and passengers.
• Strong working knowledge of FBO operations, customer service principles and the Atlantic Aviation service philosophy.
• Comply with all airport authority rules and regulations including AOA operations and airport security requirements.
• Participate in continuous training including NATA programs and company designed curriculum.
• Maintain high level of safety and customer service.
• Application of the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Receives data on incoming flights such as scheduled or estimated times of arrival or departure, destinations and downline station stops, and air cargo and passenger manifests in order to plan work activities.
• Prepares the loading of planes for each departing flight and ensures workers and equipment are available for air cargo and baggage loading, unloading, and handling activities and for ramp service activities.
• Marshal and greet aircraft in a professional manner.
• Assist all aircraft crews and passengers by providing various services they may desire and shall aid in planning and deplaning, baggage and cargo.
• Safely and accurately conducting flight line operations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Maintain, clean and organize ramp, hangars and facilities keeping all free of debris and clutter.
• Performing other duties as assigned, including lawn maintenance and other landscaping chores, aircraft cleaning and detailing, various janitorial services, (i.e. vacuuming, cleaning rest rooms, mopping floors, etc.).
• Assist Customer Service Representatives as needed.
• Transport personnel to and from the airport as directed and perform such errands as may be necessary.
• Operate vehicular and ground radio equipment.
• Operate fuel trucks, tugs, baggage handling and various other pieces of equipment as needed.
• Perform periodic checks of all equipment and facilities and document findings.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High school graduation.
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good organizational skills.
• Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and meet the company’s insurability requirements.
• Aircraft cargo handling/FBO experience desired.
• Ability to comprehend and perform basic math calculations with minimal errors.
• Customer relations skills required.
• Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, on weekends, holidays, and be on call.