Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Specialist - FT /Every Other wknd
- Job ID
- # Positions
- ArchCare at Ferncliff NH
- Work Days Per Week
- Shift Start Time
- Shift End Time
- # Hours
Under the direction of the Director of Therapeutic Recreation, assists in providing programs to residents in the dementia unit, accordance with needs of the residents and rules of regulatory agencies.
- Conduct an assessment with each resident to identify residents’ needs, interests and skills for an individualized program plan.
- Develop and implement services including group programs and one to one interventions for each resident of assigned unit within the context of the resident’s comprehensive assessment and care plan
- Maintain documentation such as assessments, progress notes, MDS, care plans and daily charting.
- Assist Director in evaluating the efficacy and effectiveness of recreational interventions in relation to resident’s needs
- Participate in interdisciplinary care team meetings and ensure that recreation plan conforms to overall interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Provide direction to the nursing staff in providing with physical, cognitive, emotional/behavioral, leisure and social interventions to residents.
- Assist in development and maintenance of department quality assurance program.
- Assist Director in education and direction of Recreation Leaders.
- Supervise/ direct of assigned volunteers.
- Maintains adequate amount of supplies and equipment.
- In the absence of the Director, is responsible to the Senior Recreation Specialist for the daily operation of the department.
- Participates in staff development program including attendance at mandatory education program.
- Complies with guidelines of the HAZCOM program
- Participates, as assigned, in Nursing Home Committees.
- In the spirit of cooperation and in response to resident needs, it may be necessary to perform other related duties as requested and unrelated duties in case of emergency.
B.S. degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field or A.A. with experience in a geriatric health care setting. A minimum of two years previous experience in activities/recreation is desired.
Dementia experience REQUIRED.
Previous experience in Therapeutic Recreation in activities or closely related field is desirable. CPR certification, a plus.