Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN)
at Ability Beyond
We are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate RN for our group home setting. The RN is primarily responsible for the case management and nursing oversight of assigned consumers in the context of Person Centered Planning and personal outcomes. The RN is also accountable for the teaching and evaluation of nursing delegated tasks to other professional and non-professional staff and for providing direct nursing care as needed. Open positions available in Westchester and Dutchess counties.
1. Develops nursing care plans for assigned consumers based on physician input. Delegates nursing tasks to direct care staff and monitors implementation, ensuring that physician’s orders are precisely executed. Provides job performance feedback to supervisor.
2. Evaluates, on a regular basis, each assigned consumer’s physical condition and medical needs. Reports progress, irregularities or changes in status to physician(s) of record, other involved health care providers, supervisor, and appropriate staff.
3. Oversees nursing care skills and delegated tasks of licensed practical nurses in the residential group homes as assigned and offers ongoing job performance feedback to the supervisor.
4. Delivers direct skilled nursing care to assigned consumers in accordance with physician’s orders.
5. Prepares for and participates as an active member of the Interdisciplinary Team and transition meetings for all assigned consumers. Contributes to the development and implementation of health-related consumer goals.
6. Serves as a liaison between assigned consumers, the physician of record, specialists, other health care providers as well as representatives from the pharmacy, laboratory and medical facilities. Communicates with family members as needed.
7. Teaches nursing delegated tasks, including but not limited to vital signs and medication administration to non-professional direct care staff in assigned residential group homes. Is accountable to ensure an acceptable level of proficiency by using agreed upon competency tools at least annually or as needed based on individual staff performance. May participate in the development of organization-wide competency tools as well as in a formalized teaching rotation.
8. Documents observations, medical and nursing, and treatment effectiveness at least quarterly, adhering to protocol.
9. Ensures medical records of all assigned consumers remain current and are maintained as per policy and procedure.
10. Provides on-call telephone coverage to residential group homes for medical emergencies during non-working hours. Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Current NY RN license
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum of one year experience required
Why should you join our team?
- No On-Call responsibilities required!
- Extensive paid training
- Generous benefit package (medical, dental, PTO, etc.)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A culture of appreciation, respect, and teamwork
- An opportunity to have a positive impact in the lives of others!