Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Direct Care
at Ability Beyond
At Ability Beyond, we discover, build and celebrate the ability in all people. We are currently seeking dedicated and motivated Direct Care support staff to join our team in Beacon, NY. Our Beacon, NY group home is Ability Beyond's newest and largest home. Built in 2013, Howland is home to 14 individuals who are primarily elderly and have medically complex needs. There is a rich staffing pattern which includes 24 hour nursing. The individuals who live here enjoy going out into the community and participating in various sensory stimulation activities. What makes our program stand out is that we are able to provide individuals who were once institutionalized with a beautiful state of the art forever home that is not only accessible, but also equipped to meet their needs and supported by compassionate well trained staff to care for them. Each individual has their own room in a house with a beautiful view of the Hudson Valley.
- Helping with activities of daily living activities. These include personal hygiene or cooking, bathing or toileting, and arranging and transporting residents to appointments.
- Assisting individuals to achieve their goals. Providing hands-on support to the individuals based on their preferences and abilities.
- Community integration. Integrating individuals with disabilities into the community to participate in work, recreation, leisure, volunteer activities and socialization skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a current, valid driver's license.
Why should you join our team?
- Extensive paid training and certification program
- Generous benefit package (medical, dental, PTO, etc.)
- Flexible work schedules and overtime available
- Tuition reimbursement and CNA recertification hours
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A culture of appreciation, respect, and teamwork
- An opportunity to have a positive impact in the lives of others!